Director: Earl Bellamy
US Premiere: 24 November 1976
An Irwin Allen Production in association with Warner Bros Television
Copyright 1976 Warner Bros. Inc.
The small resort town of Brownsville is devastated when a faulty dam bursts.
Robert Culp - Steve Brannigan
Martin Milner - Paul Burke
Barbara Hershey - Mary Cutler
Richard Basehart - Mayor John Cutler
Carol Lynley - Abbie Adams
Roddy McDowall - Mr. Franklin
Cameron Mitchell - Sam Adams
Eric Olson - Andy Cutler
Teresa Wright - Alice Cutler
Francine York - Daisy Kempel
Whit Bissell - Dr. Ted Horne
Leif Garrett - Johnny Lowman
Ann Doran - Emma Fisher
Elizabeth Rogers - Nancy Lowman
James Griffith - Charlie Davis
Edna Helton - Mrs. Wilson
Gloria Stuart - Mrs. Parker
Jack Collins - Al Spangler
Producer - Irwin Allen
Director of Photography - Lamar Boren, A.S.C.
Writer - Don Ingalls
Director - Earl Bellamy
Production Executive - Arthur Weiss
Associate Producer - Al Gail
Unit Production Manager - Donald C. Klune
Assistant Director - Dan McCauley
Executive Assistant to the Producer - Art Volpert
Production Designer - Stan Jolley
Post Production Supervisor - George E. Swink
Film Editor - Bill Brame, A.C.E.
Special Photographic Effects - L.B. Abbott, A.S.C.
Music - Richard La Salle
Costume Design - Paul Zastupnevich, C.D.G.
Publicity - Tony Habeeb
Set Decorator - Stuart Reiss
Program Consultant - Herman Rush
Casting - Jack Baur
Stunt Pilot - Jake Hart
Sound Mixer - Herman Lewis
Music Editor - Eugene Marks
Sound Editor - Don Hall
- The TVM Flood first aired in the US on the NBC network on Wednesday 24th November 1976.
- Flood also had a theatrical release in Europe.
- Several regular Irwin Allen stars feature including Martin Milner (Swiss Family Robinson), Cameron Mitchell (Swiss Family Robinson, Hanging by a Thread, Swarm), Richard Basehart (Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, City Beneath the Sea), Carol Lynley (Poseidon Adventure) and Whit Bissell (Time Tunnel, Land of the Giants, City Beneath the Sea).
- Flood was filmed in Brownsville, Oregon and at Burbank Studios in California.
- Robert Culp and Roddy McDowall both enjoy helicopter trips at the beginning of this story which gives some great aerial footage.
- Edna Helton (Mrs. Wilson) died the same year as Flood was produced.
- Gloria Stuart is possibly best known today as the older Rose Dawson in James Cameron's 1997 movie blockbuster Titanic. She also appeared in Irwin Allen's Adventures of the Queen.
- Irwin Allen fans will recognize Jack Collins from The Towering Inferno where he played Mayor Ramsey.
- Half of the principal cast of Irwin Allen's The Swiss Family Robinson are reunited in this movie, namely Martin Milner, Cameron Mitchell and Eric Olson. The series ran for one year, finishing in the spring of 1976.
France: Déluge sur la ville
Germany: Die Flut bricht los
Flood DVD at Amazon