THE LOST WORLD
Director: Irwin Allen
US Premiere: 13 July 1960
Film based on Arthur Conan Doyle's adventure about an expedition party heading into unknown territory inhabited by prehistoric animals.
Michael Rennie - Lord John Roxton
Jill St. John - Jennifer Holmes
David Hedison - Ed Malone
Claude Rains - Professor George Edward Challenger
Fernando Lamas - Manuel Gomez
Richard Haydn - Professor Walter Summerlee
Jay Novello - Costa
Ray Stricklyn - David Holmes
Vitina Marcus - Native Girl
Ian Wolfe - Burton White
Ross Brown - Airport Attendant
Colin Campbell - Professor Waldron
Larry Chance - Indian chief
Alex Finlayson - Reporter at the Airport
George Pelling - Reporter at the Airport
Gilchrist Stuart - Reporter at the Airport
Bert Stevens - Reporter at the Airport
Don Forbes - TV announcer
John Graham - Stuart Holmes
Peter Fontaine - Airport Attendant
Ann Dore - Member of Zoological Institute Forum
Bess Flowers - Guest at Zoological Institute Forum
Sam Harris - Guest at Zoological Institute Forum and Man at the Airport
Kenner G. Kemp - Guest at Zoological Institute Forum
Fred Cavens - French Member of Zoological Institute Forum
Phyllis Coghlan - British member of Zoological Institute Forum
Alex Denaszody - German Member of Zoological Institute Forum
Ivo Henderson - British Member of Zoological Institute Forum
Stuart Holmes - Zoological Institute Professor on Stage
Ruggero Romor - Italian Member of Zoological Institute Forum
Brian Roper - British Member of Zoological Institute Forum
Jacqueline Squire - British Member of Zoological Institute Forum
Ben Wright - Ted Bottomley, BBC reporter at Airport
Paul Zastupnevich - Member of Zoological Institute Forum
Frostie - Frostie, Jennifer Holmes' pet poodle
Producer - Irwin Allen
Director - Irwin Allen
Screenplay - Charles Bennett, Irwin Allen
Music - Paul Sawtell and Bert Shefter
Director of Photography - Winton Hoch, A.S.C.
Art Direction - Duncan Cramer, Walter M. Simonds
Set Decorations - Walter M. Scott, Joseph Kish, John Sturtevant
Special Photographic Effects - L.B. Abbott, A.S.C., James B. Gordon, A.S.C., Emil Kosa, Jr.
Film Editor - Hugh S. Fowler, A.C.E.
Assistant Director - Ad Schaumer
Technical Adviser - Henry E. Lester
Costume Design - Paul Zastupnevich
Makeup - Ben Nye
Hair Styles - Helen Turpin, C.H.S.
Effects Technician - Willis O'Brien
Production Illustrator - Maurice Zuberano
Sound - E. Clayton Ward, Harry M. Leonard
Orchestration - Howard Jackson, Sid Cutner
Researcher - Elizabeth Emanuel
Dog trainer and owner of Frostie - Cindy James
"Voice" of the Lost World sound - Gwen Johnson
- The story of the movie The Lost World is based on the novel of the same name by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.
- The Lost World premiered in the US on Wednesday 13 July 1960 and in the UK on Thursday 4 August 1960.
- This was the first Irwin Allen production which researcher Elizabeth Emanuel worked on.
- London Airport looks remarkably like the Fox back lot.
- Look out for Ann Dore (giant female scientist in the pilot episode of Land of the Giants) at the Zoological Institute Forum.
- Did you spot costume designer Paul Zastupnevich in the audience at the Zoological Institute Forum? He asks Challenger to prove what he is saying about live dinosaurs.
- Claude Rains appeared ten years ealier in Irwin Allen's Where Danger Lives.
- Bess Flowers (Guest at Zoological Institute Forum) appeared at the party in Irwin Allen's Dangerous Mission in 1954.
- Bert Stevens (reporter at airport) was a hotel guest in Dangerous Mission.
- Fred Cavens was a fencing master who taught and performed fencing stunts in many movies and shows including the Disney series of Zorro starring Guy Williams.
- Stuart Holmes appeared briefly in Where Danger Lives in 1950.
- Sam Harris appeared in both The Story of Mankind and The Big Circus.
- Kenner G. Kemp was a regular in Irwin Allen's RKO movies in the 1950s, appearing in Double Dynamite, A Girl in Every Port and Dangerous Mission.
France: Le Monde Perdu
Germany: Die Versunkene Welt