APRIL 2010 ARCHIVE
MONSTERPALOOZA 9-11 APRIL 2010
David Hedison, Warren Stevens, William Schallert, Julie Adams, Joe Turkel (Land of the Giants "Inside Rail") and William Smith (Code Red "Trial by Fire") attending Monsterpalooza at the Marriott Burbank Convention Center on 9-11 April 2010.
NEW VOYAGE COMIC STRIP
Graylady Sharon and D. S. Campos have created a new comic strip for Voyage to Bottom of the Sea called “Normal“.
PS3 LITTLE BIG PLANET
Mark Jones has been creating a Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea 'level' on the PS3 game "Little Big Planet" and he'll be publishing his Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea 'level' on the game servers for community play between April 3rd and 10th, 2010. If anyone is interested in checking it out, search on the PSN game servers for his PSN username "mistervista".
SCIENCE FICTION MUSEUM
Lee Meriwether is attending Wondercon in San Francisco on 2-4 April 2010 alongside Celeste Yarnall and Malachi Throne.
ANAHEIM COMIC CON 16-18 APRIL 2010
Several Irwin Allen stars and guests are attending the Anaheim Comic Con at the Anaheim Convention Center on 16-18 April 2010. The list of stars attending includes Don Marshall, Deanna Lund, Don Matheson, David Hedison, Lee Meriwether, Yvonne Craig, Michael J. Pollard, Richard Anderson, and Malachi Throne.
WARNER BROTHERS ARCHIVE COLLECTION
Above is a first view of the set of Irwin Allen disaster movie DVDs being released on Tuesday 6th April 2010:
TIME TUNNEL COMPLEX BY KENNETH NETZEL
THE POSEIDON ADVENTURE (STEREO): LIMITED EDITION
THE POSEIDON ADVENTURE (STEREO): LIMITED EDITION LLLCD 1133
Music by John Williams
Limited Edition of 3000 Units
SHIPPING APRIL 27th
RETAIL PRICE: $19.98
ORDER “THE POSEIDON ADVENTURE (STEREO): LIMITED EDITION” April 20th at La-La Land Records
First time entire score is presented in STEREO! Presenting the premiere stereo release of John Williams’ (JAWS, STAR WARS, RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK, SCHINDLER’S LIST) classic score to the legendary 1972 Twentieth Century Fox adventure film THE POSEIDON ADVENTURE, starring Gene Hackman, Ernest Borgnine, Shelly Winters and Red Buttons, produced by Irwin Allen and directed by Ronald Neame. Williams’ epic orchestral score expertly intertwines the film’s examination of heroism and tragedy. Produced by Nick Redman and Mike Matessino, mastered by Daniel Hersch, and remixed and sequenced by Mike Matessino, this superb-sounding special limited edition release features never-before-released Bonus Tracks, including the film versions of “The Morning After”, source cues and alternate versions of the main title. In-depth liner notes by Jeff Bond take you behind the scenes of the film and its music. This is a limited edition of 3000 Units.
For this release, the 2″ 24-track tape containing the original 35mm 6-track mag was transferred into Pro Tools, and restored and mixed with the advantages of another decade’s advance in sound processing technology.
1. Main Title (2:12)
2. Rogo And Linda (1:34)
3. The Big Wave/The Aftermath (4:02)
4. Raising The Christmas Tree (1:28)
5. Nonnie And Red/Up The Tree (1:59)
6. Death’s Door/The Upturned Galley (2:01)
7. Through The Galley (1:13)
8. The Other Survivors (1:37)
9. Search For The Engine Room (2:51)
10. Barber Shoppe Scene (1:46)
11. Saving Robin (1:24)
12. The Death Of Belle (3:25)
13. Hold Your Breath (3:08)
14. The Red Wheel (1:25)
15. Rogo Takes Command (1:38)
16. End Title (The Rescue) (3:36)
Total Time: 35:18
Alternates and Source Music:
17. Main Title (alternate #1) (1:58)
18. New Year’s Party (version 1) (0:58)
19. To Love (3:12)
20. New Year’s Party (version 2) (2:11)
21. Main Title (alternate #2) (1:59)
22. “The Morning After” (version 1)* (2:10)
23. “Love Is A Many Splendored Thing”* (2:19)
24. “Give Me The Simple Life”/”A Certain Smile”* (1:49)
25. “The Morning After” (instrumental)* (2:09)
26. “Auld Lang Syne”* (1:34)
27. “The Morning After” (version 2)* (2:10)
28. End Title (alternate) (2:38)
Total Time: 25:13
Total Running Time: 60:39
* Not published by Warner-Tamerlane (BMI)